Bikersweb.co.uk Chaos Crew Forums

Go Back   Bikersweb.co.uk Chaos Crew Forums > HAVE THE LAST WORD II > Have the last word
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Departed

Lightbulb Black Label Society Gig Stopped

I always thought Zakk Wylde was sailing a bit close to the wind with the logo for his current band, Black Label Society:

News from Totalrock.com newsletter, correct version from www.BlackLabelSociety.net :

"...The BLS Gig in Manchester [Sat 18th] was pulled due to the violent behaviour of the biker gang ''Satans Slaves Motorcycle Club''

Reportedly, The Satans Slaves attacked a dozen fans in Manchester Saturday for simply wearing a BLS t-shirt or an item or clothing with the BLS emblem on. This was apparently due to the fact that the bands logo shares a strong resembelance to that of the emblem of the SSMC.

As a result of this band managers advised fans to remove all items of BLS merchandise clothing.

The situation soon worsened, however, as the Satans Slaves threatened to attack all those present at the gig if it commenced and as a result Zakk Wylde chose to pull the gig for the safety of his fans..."

www.rockdisco.co.uk
Old 21-06-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm with the band........

Funny, cos I thought I'd read that BLS were a recognised & affiliated club, at least in the US, and has permission to use the logo......

I would be unstoppable if I could only get started!

http://yambabe.blog.co.uk/
Old 22-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Chaos Crew

This is getting beyond a joke. What next ? Are they going to threaten Axl Rose for his Appetite For Destruction logo ? Or perhaps Billy Connolly with his jacket logo is a prime target. This is ridiculous. Don't they have police in Manchester ?
Old 22-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Lee Furry Oswald

Hang on, there is a bit more to this story before everyone goes into histrionics or believes everything rock magazines print.

Local clubs did take umbrage at the 'BLS' patch, and, as you will see from Slingshot's picture, it isn't difficult to see why. It features a central device, top and bottom rockers, and a small rectangular patch placed to the right hand side in exact imitation of the layout of club patches. The clubs made their displeasure known to the band's management, who did nothing, and then did ask one or two people wearing the patch to remove it. There have been various reports of people being beaten up (and even the old chestnut of the 'forceable removal of a tattoo'), but they seem to be strictly of a 'friend of a friend who saw someone else...' variety.

The gig was cancelled by Zak Wyldde's agent. A member of the Satan Slaves MC and of the Sons of Hell MC met with Wyldde's management just before the gig, and asked them NOT to cancel the gig, pointing out that they had no problem with the concert, just with this particular merchandise and if people either remove it, or turn the clothing article inside out, then the concert could go ahead with no interference. The agent decided to pull the gig because he felt Zak Wyldde - and these are his words - 'couldn't be trusted to keep his mouth shut' and not inflame the situation.

We're not talking about t-shirts or sweatshirts here. The problem lies with the fact that the BLS patch is sold AS A PATCH SET (£40 I believe), to be sewn onto the back of jackets. [Cue short intake of breath from most people with any nous].

It's a nasty, blatant attempt by the band's merchandisers to leap on the current 'biker fashion' bandwagon, and it's difficult to imagine that they weren't aware that it would raise this sort of issue - can anyone else think where this configuration of device, rockers and signifying patch is used other than by bike clubs?

Many BLS fans have been bewildered by this, stating that they're fans of the band, nothing to do with bikes, but Wyldde has consistently used biker imagery as a fashion statement - his web site even urges his fans to 'always wear their colors to gigs'.

Now, I don't have any affiliation or contact with the SSMC, but, as with all backpatch clubs, members have worked hard, put in effort and time, to earn (note: 'earn') that patch, and if I saw some kid waltzing about wearing a look-a-like patch that they'd bought for forty-quid because they thought it 'looked cool' and because it's fashionable, then I'd be a bit vexed too...

Only the very safe can talk about wrong and right/Of those who are forced to choose, some will choose to fight.
Old 22-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Abberadon

Well said Blue.
Old 22-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Hogfather

Taken from Totalrock website

Quote:
Hi,

Last night I went to see Black Label Society in Manchester. I figured something was wrong on our approach to the venue. Metal fans were walking away from the venue in both directions, the pubs opposite the venue were packed to bursting inside and had spilled out onto Oxford Road and the atmosphere seemed pretty tense. People with sad, angry expressions on their faces and a police presence.
On parking up somewhere away from the Manchester Academy we were met by a guy wearing an inside out T shirt who informed us that the Black Label Society concert had been cancelled due to the Hells Angels forbidding Zakk Wylde to play in Manchester.

Some fans were attacked by Hells Angels, Devils Desciples and Satans Slaves members for wearing Black Label Society T-shirts, stating that the 'colours' were similar to the motorcycle clubs colours and the patches have to be earned not bought as merchandise. The president of the HA's was involved with negotiations with Zakk Wylde regarding this issue but no no avail. Zakk offered the president out in a fist fight outside the club only to be laughed at. BLS were told that if they were to play the gig in Manchester last night that their safety could not be guarenteed nor that of the fans. BLS left Manchester in a hurry and expect never to return to these shores again.
The Police stepped aside to this and refused to get involved and the security at the venue stated that if the HAs stormed and kicked off , which they very well intended to do that the security would not get involved. It seems Manchester may be running scared.

I find this very sad and disturbing that today this sort of gang warfair carries on. Several fans were injured outside the venue by HA's and some were told to wear their jackets despite it being 30degrees yesterday. In addition to this the HA's SSs and DDs were driving up and down Oxford Road on bikes stopping anyone wearing a BLS T-Shirt and making threats.

The same apparently occured in Bradford earlier on during the week, same problem and it is appearing to be world wide. BLS concerts were stopped in Budapest and Copenhagen last week and no official explaination given. Seeing as the HAs are a world wide organisation it would appear that word has gone out to stop BLS playing. Its so annoying, BLS are abuot the music, theyre a well known popular metal band who thrive on performance, this has nothing to do with polotics, nothing to do with colours, nothing but music however these petty minded Bike clubs cant seem to see past their own pig headedness and bloody mindedness.

Please anyone who has a Black Label Society T - Shirt, please be careful where you wear it. Infact due to last nights trouble and that of other venues I wouldnt wear it until the dust settles for a while as threats were made that anyone wearing these t shirts will be 'for it' if seen anywhere througout the UK.

This is no hoax, this is serious, I have seen it with my own eyes and been right in the middle of the trouble last night in Manchester.

Please be careful the HAs are not a force to be reckoned with. They have their whole own network that seems to run aside normal society. Were talking judges, doctors, lawyers etcc

Old 22-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Abberadon

Well done Shade - see what we mean? Idiots who do not understand ANYTHING about what is going on......

I see they have two choices. Accept it or fight back. I advise they accept it.
Old 22-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Lee Furry Oswald

On parking up somewhere away from the Manchester Academy we were met by a guy wearing an inside out T shirt who informed us that the Black Label Society concert had been cancelled due to the Hells Angels forbidding Zakk Wylde to play in Manchester... The president of the HA's was involved with negotiations with Zakk Wylde regarding this issue but no no avail.

Don't believe what you read in the rock press.

This did NOT happen.

This report is worryingly like the report of the BLS fan who publicly stated that the SSMC, HAMC, DDMC and SHMC were running riot in the streets and that the Satans Slaves MC were acting on the orders of the HAMC.

Then again, what's the point... People will believe what they want to believe.

Only the very safe can talk about wrong and right/Of those who are forced to choose, some will choose to fight.
Old 22-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Lee Furry Oswald

One interesting thing about the Total Rock fabrication is that even diehard BLS fans accept it was Zakk Wylde to blame for the cancellation of the gigs in Budapest, Copenhagen and Bradford. Until Saturday the intervention of any bike clubs had not been mentioned. But that doesn't make such a good story does it?

Old 22-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Abberadon

I'd like to see Wylde or what ever the Hillbilly prick is called call out the pres of Manchester HAMC - I am sure accomodation would have been made in private.

****ing Rock Stars piss me off.
Closed Thread